Quad Cities Photographer || Iowa || Illinois|| 5 things I love about the Quad Cities
Quad cities photographer
You know how the saying goes, “You never miss something until it’s gone.” This couldn’t be anymore of the truth. In this case though, it’s more that you never realize how much a place means to you until you leave. It’s been five years since Alex and I have left in the Quad Cities and my heart never stopped aching for it. We are both native to the area, born and raised, and boy do we miss it! I never realized how much the small things truly mattered until we moved. No place has ever compared and for good reason. The Quad Cities is our home and the things we miss most are unique to the area!
Here are my top 5 favorite things that I love and look forward to fully enjoying back in the Quad Cities:
- Live Music. This was an easy one. When I lived with my husband (then boyfriend) and his friends, we were always enjoying all of the local live music downtown moline! It’s everywhere in the area though and what’s better than enjoying local live music with the best of friends and family? Yes! You guessed it! Enjoying local live music with the best of friends, family and also enjoying a LOCAL beer! Which brings me to my next favorite thing I’m looking forward to.
- Local breweries. I don’t want to name any favorites… but who am I kidding? My most favorite local brewery is… drum roll please… Bent River Brewing! Duh! If you don’t know what I’m talking about are you even a citizen of the Quad Cities? Jingle Java, Uncommon Stout, Mississippi Blonde, and Raspberry Wheat are a few of my most favorites but really, who can choose? Pair that with the amazing atmosphere both inside and out and you’re going to have a great night! Maybe this October I’ll actually have some images of the beers to attach, typically I’m too busy tasting them!
- The River Front. I’ve spent quite a bit of time on the river front bike path. It’s my most favorite place to go. It’s so peaceful and the path goes for miles and miles. When we first moved to GA this was the biggest shock to me and what I missed the most. There was no bike paths there and the roads in Hawaii are so little two cars can barley fit so you can’t safely ride your bike! I’m not kidding when I say I would drive my bike many miles a day when the weather allowed it. I bet you’ll see me on this path almost daily here pretty soon!
- The seasons. Spring, summer, fall, and winter! Fishing, visiting The Corn Crib Nursery, camping, life on the farm. I miss it all. I always dreaded the snow but I feel a little spark inside when I think about it now. Honestly, I can’t wait to create some magical things photography wise this winter. I’ve been dreaming about the snow for the past five years. Growing up I lived down the back country roads and would literally get snowed in! School would be called off which lead my sister and I to immediately get our snow suits on and spend hours upon hours outside building snowman and snow forts. What is a Christmas without snow? I can’t imagine our daughter growing up not knowing what snow is and the magic it brings during the holidays. The fall is actually my most favorite season of all. I’m a hug fan of halloween and I love when those crisp breezes start to come in. Where it’s warm enough to leave your windows open but you have to have sweaters and a blanket on while you’re snuggled up on the couch watching a movie. The colors in the fall are to die for and are what my dreams are made of. How on earth did I ever move away, must have been for love or something.
- The community. I grew up in a very small town outside of the Quad Cities- Orion, IL. The community there was like nothing else. I know the Quad Cities in general is this way though, not just my little town and I admire it so very much. I love strong communities and I can’t wait to be apart of one again. I can’t wait for our family to do great things, help out when needed, and to just enjoy the area again!
There are a million things I love about the Quad Cities that I can’t wait to experience again and with new eyes. I’m so proud of where I’m from and I can’t wait to share all of these experiences with my own daughter! Here are some images from our last visit to the Quad Cities area!
Quad Cities Photographer
Darce & Alina Wedding
Ashley Bowman is a Quad Cities Photographer based out of the Quad Cities- Illinois and Iowa. She also specializes in weddings, couples, engagements, maternity, lifestyle, and more.
Quad Cities Photographer